The biggest orienteering event in Baltics. 3days of orienteering, fun and relaxation since 1987.
Here is our event schedule
29.06.2019 - IOF elite ranking event in middle distance (WRE)
Registration is open
Start list is published
Registration at the event centre of Day 1
Raipala ezera apkārtnē
Start of the long distance race
Raipala ezera apkārtnē
Opening ceremony, prizegiving ceremony for day 1
Start of the middle distance race (WRE race for W21E and M21E)
Concert, prizegiving ceremony for day 2 and WRE race, open-air party
Start of the long distance race
Mārkalnē pie Meistara ezera
Prizegiving ceremony for overall
Kapa 2019 - XXXIII Three-Day Orienteering Event
Organized by orienteering club Kāpa in collaboration with LOF and Aluksne County Council
Every competition day will take place at a different terrain. Distance from competition centre to the daily event centre will vary between 15 and 25km
- Day 1 Mixed forest with open areas. Distinct relief forms, steep slopes and many bogs of different sizes and shapes. An irregular network of firebreaks. The map area is crossed by different category roads and in northern part of the map Latvian-Estonian border crosses the map. Max height difference up to 50 m. Runnability from easy to difficult.
- Day 2 Pine forests of different ages prevail in the area, newly planted forests, medium-sized relief forms and steep slopes at some parts. Regular firebreak and road net. Runnanility from easy to slow.
- Day 3 Mixed and pine forests. Medium-sized relief forms with areas of detailed micro-relief. Many bogs of different sizes and shapes, different age felled areas and newly planted forests. Irregular net of firebreaks and roads. Runnability from easy to slow.
Map scale 1:10000 (1:7500 for age groups MW65 and older), contour interval for Day 1 5m and 2.5m for Day 2&3
ELECTRONIC PUNCHING SYSTEM
SportIdent. Rent is 5 EUR for three days, or 2 EUR per day. DIR groups 2 EUR per day. In case a SI card is lost or damaged, the competitors are obliged to cover the expenses.
It will be possible to try out electronic punching at the finish area.
Competitors must use the exact SI card that is given in the start protocol, otherwise you can get disqualified. In case there are some problems with SI cards, please do not hesitate to seek assistance at the sekretariat.
COMPETITION GROUPS AND COURSE PARAMETRES
Participant brings full responsibility about his health condition and ability to run chosen distance.
|M21E||6,0 - 13,0||W21E||5,0 - 8,5||- 1998|
|M8*||1,5 - 2,5||W8*||1,5 - 2,5||2011 -|
|M10*||1,5 - 2,5||W10*||1,5 - 2,5||2009 -|
|M12*||2,0 - 2,8||W12*||2,0 - 2,8||2007 -|
|M12||2,5 - 2,8||W12||2,0 - 2,5||2007 -|
|M14L||4,0 - 5,0||W14L||3,0 - 4,0||2005 -|
|M14**||3,0||W14**||2,0 - 2,5||2005 -|
|M16L||5,0 - 6,0||W16L||3,5 - 4,5||2003 -|
|M16**||4,5 - 5,0||W16**||3,0 - 4,0||2003 -|
|M18||6,5 - 7,5||W18||4,5 - 5,0||2001 -|
|M20||7,5 - 9,0||W20||5,0 - 5,5||1999 -|
|M21L||7,5 - 9,0||W21L||5,0 - 6,0||- 1998|
|M21S||5,5 - 6,5||W21S||3,5 - 4,5||- 1998|
|M210**||4,0 - 5,0||W210**||3,5||- 1998|
|M35L||7,5 - 9,0||W35L||5,0||- 1984|
|M35S||5,0 - 6,0||W35S||4,0||- 1984|
|M40L||6,5 - 8,0||W40L||4,5 - 5,0||- 1979|
|M40S||5,0 - 6,0||W40S||3,5 - 4,0||- 1979|
|M45L||5,5 - 6,5||W45L||4,5 - 5,0||- 1974|
|M45S||4,5 - 5,5||W45S||3,5 - 4,0||- 1974|
|M50L||6,0 - 7,0||W50L||4,5 - 5,0||- 1969|
|M50S||4,5 - 5,5||W50S||3,5 - 4,0||- 1969|
|Open course||DIR 1**||2,0 - 2,5 km|
|DIR 2||4,0 - 4,5 km|
|DIR 3**||5,5 - 6,0 km|
|DIR 4||7,0 - 7,5 km|
|OPEN-100||Weight 100 kg and over||4,5 km|
In case of necessity, also age groups M85, W85 can be introduced (provided that at least 3 competitors of the respective age group have entered).
Groups M 210**, W 210** are for all the beginners - also for young ones born in 2001 and earlier, paying participant fee according to the age group
In the open groups DIR 1 – DIR 4 (direct entering) the runner may choose the preferred course length irrespective of the age.
The proposed course lengths are approximate, and the exact parameters will be specified in the competition programme.
W8*, M8*, W10*, M10*, W12*, M12* – marked courses supported by tapes on the terrain. Punching is with SportIdent following the order shown on the map. Both the route marked on the terrain and the controls on the map are in the sequential order to be followed. Runners may prefer either to follow the route marked with the tapes or to take their own route between the controls. In groups W8* and M8* the main prize will be awarded to the competitors who have completed their course without the assistance of an adult. Participants who will be orienteering at least one day with the assistance of an adult are included in the separate groups "W8* with parents" and "M8* with parents". There will not be DQ in Groups M8* and W8* instead penalty time 60 minutes will be added to result so they will be ranked below those who punched correctly. For groups W8*, M8*, W10*, M10* controls are placed directly on the tape-marked way, while for groups W12* and M12* controls can be placed up to 150 metres away from the tape.Explanation:
- * - marked course
- ** - technically easy courses
- S - short course
- L - long course
- 0 - beginners’ course
The winners of each day will be awarded with prizes. In the groups of M21E and W21E, regarding the final results of the three days, the first six places will be awarded. For other groups the number of places awarded will be published on June 29 in the competition centre.
There will be a lottery of competitor’s number bibs during the closing ceremony.
Prizes for best orienteering clubs and families. Each participant's rating is measured by a point system. Results from DIR groups are not included in these ratings.
During the competition, we will provide:
- Online results - http://live.kapa.lv
- Kindergarten - Care of the participants’ children at each day’s event centres (from 2 years and older)
- Warm showers near the finish arenas
- Cafeteria services at the competition centre
There are 3 deadlines for the entries (Price per all days / Price per day):
|by 1 April 2019||from April 2 to June 10||from June 11 to June 20|
|MW 8-10||6 EUR / 3 EUR||8 EUR / 4 EUR||13 EUR / 5 EUR|
|MW12-14||10 EUR / 4 EUR||12 EUR / 5 EUR||16 EUR / 7 EUR|
|MW16-20||15 EUR / 6 EUR||19 EUR / 8 EUR||25 EUR / 11 EUR|
|MW210||33 EUR / 13 EUR||33 EUR / 13 EUR||45 EUR / 17 EUR|
|MW60 and older||20 EUR / 8 EUR||25 EUR / 10 EUR||30 EUR / 13 EUR|
|Others||33 EUR / 13 EUR||43 EUR / 17 EUR||53 EUR / 20 EUR|
|OPEN 100||according to the age group|
Entry fees must be paid by the entry deadline. An entry is considered as a warranty to pay the fee.
Entries after 20 June involve a + 50% surcharge on the entry fee. Course change is possible only up to 24.06.2019 provided there are vacancies, + 7 EUR.
Refund of participation fee in case of canceling registration is possible only till 1st June. After 1st June participation fee will not be refunded in case of canceling participation.
- Online entries can be made here (available starting from 5 December 2018; the entry becomes valid following the settlement of the entry fee).
- Families of at least 3 people, where at least 2 of the family members are young (starting in classes MW8 to MW18), are eligible to a 20% discount of the original fee for the respective entry deadline. (Discount applies for children <=18 and their parents)
- For DIR1-DIR4 courses, the entry and payment has to be made at the respective event centre of the competition day. The fee is 5 EUR per day for competitors in the age groups MW18 and younger, and 7 EUR per day for competitors in the age groups MW20, MW60 and older, and 13 EUR per day for all other competitors.
- Car pass – 3 EUR (allows to enter the competition centre and each day’s event centres)
- Bus pass – 7 EUR. Minivan (up to 10 passengers) – 4 EUR
Association Orientēšanās klubs "KĀPA"
Reģ. Nr 40008021994
O.Vācieša ielā 24-7, Carnikava, LV–2163
Event venue and accommodation
Competition centre and participants’ campsite at camping "Jaunsētas"
- Price of a tent place: 3,50 EUR per night
- Place for trailer with power supply - 8,00 EUR per night
- Place for trailer without power supply - 5,00 EUR per night
- Other accommodation options can be found on visitaluksne.lv
Alūksne is a town on the shores of Lake Alūksne in northeastern Latvia near the borders with Estonia and Russia. It is the seat of Alūksne municipality. Alūksne is the highest elevated Latvian city, located in East Vidzeme Upland at 217 m above sea level.